Premium Investor Stream (Provisional) Subclass 188d
The Premium Investor Stream is a relatively new Business Skills stream introduced on 1 July 2015 and is intended for business investors holding a significant amount of wealth who are willing to invest an amount of at least AUD15,000,000 towards specific funds, investments and securities or to make a philanthropic contribution.
Like the Significant Investor Stream, the Premium Investor Stream does not require proof of certain minimum asset and other requirements (besides the proof of lawfully acquired and unencumbered $15,000,000 amount available) nor is there a Point Test that applies to this stream.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- must be nominated by the CEO of Austrade before being invited to apply for this visa;
- must make a complying premium investment of at least AUD15 million at the time of invitation to invest and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for at least 4 years;
- must demonstrate the lawful acquisition of the source of funds; and
- (and their partner) must have no history of involvement in business or investment activities that are of a nature that is not generally acceptable in Australia.
Premium Investor Stream (Permanent) Subclass 888d
This visa allows the holders of a Subclass 188d visa to apply for permanent residency if they continue satisfying the minimum requirements as below:
- Demonstrate a successful record of entrepreneurial activities;
- Meet the residence requirement; and
- Not have been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities.